Many are asking “Where did the Summer go?”
We can sit around and lament the start of school, but that is not going to change the fact that it is here.
As much as I dread my boys returning to school and the pace of our household picking up, from a ministry perspective, I am glad to settle into a regular routine. I want to encourage you to be thinking about what you will be able to commit to this fall.
Let me mention several great opportunities.
- ReGroup Conference—August 11—This is a regional event that we are hosting for leaders of Baptist churches across South Louisiana. If you are a teacher in Sunday School or Discipleship, we need for you to commit to this Saturday.
- FAITH—This is our evangelism training and strategy. The orientation is Tuesday, August 14 with the first night of training and visitation on the following Tuesday.
- Sunday School—The start of the school year is an excellent time to get reconnected to a small group.
- Discipleship Group—We have several excellent discipleship groups that are going to begin on Sunday, August 19.
- GriefShare and DivorceCare—These groups also begin their new semester on August 19.
- Refresh Ladies Conference—Saturday, September 22
Let’s make the most of these days between the start of school and Thanksgiving.