Ah, don’t hate me, but July 19 means that we are closer to the start of school than we are to the beginning of summer vacation. I’m no big authority on Shakespeare, but he said, “Summer’s lease hath all too short a date.” But now is the time in our church to be thinking about our Back to School season of ministry. I want to encourage you to be thinking about what you will be able to commit to this fall.
Let me mention several great opportunities.
- ReGroup Conference—August 11—This is a regional event that we are hosting for leaders of Baptist churches across South Louisiana. If you are a teacher in Sunday School or Discipleship, we need for you to commit to this Saturday.
- FAITH—This is our evangelism training and strategy. The orientation is Tuesday, August 14 with the first night of training and visitation on the following Tuesday.
- Sunday School—The start of the school year is an excellent time to get reconnected to a small group.
- Discipleship Group—We have several excellent discipleship groups that are going to begin on Sunday, August 19.
- GriefShare and DivorceCare—These groups also begin their new semester on August 19.
- Refresh Conference—This conference for ladies is set for Saturday, September 22
Enjoy your summer, but get your calendar out and make plans for this fall.